Maximizing Engagement with Instagram’s Collab Feature: Your Ultimate Guide
Are you familiar with Instagram Collab posts? This feature allows users to co-author Instagram feed posts and Reels, providing a new avenue for creators and brands to engage with new audiences and enhance engagement. In this article, we’ll explore what Instagram Collabs are, how to use them, their benefits, and some inspiration to get you started.
What Is an Instagram Collab Post?
An Instagram Collab post is a feature that enables up to four users to co-author the same post on their feed or Reels. Launched in June 2021, this tool allows you to co-create content with other Instagram users. This means that the post will appear on all involved profiles, sharing views, likes, and comments, allowing you to engage with each other’s communities. This is a significant opportunity for exposure!
Benefits of Using Instagram’s Collab Feature
There are numerous reasons why you should create an Instagram Collab post, but here are the top three benefits:
Expand Your Reach
Discoverability is a significant advantage of the Instagram Collab feature. With just one post, you can tap into another user’s engaged audience and reach more eyes. For brands, collaborating with a creator (or multiple creators) will introduce your product or service to new potential customers. For creators, collaborating with other creators in your niche allows you to engage with prospective followers. Plus, you’ll get an engagement boost, too. It’s a win-win.
Sharing a post between multiple audiences increases your chances of getting more likes, comments, saves, and shares. A high engagement rate means your followers are enjoying your content. And when Instagram notices high engagement on your profile, the algorithm is more likely to reward you. Engagement is currency, and when it’s shared, all collaborators cash in.
Makes Collaborating Simple
Shared engagement is a game-changer on Instagram, letting you wave goodbye to duplicate content. Rather than sharing the same post across multiple profiles, you can streamline the process and post once — saving tons of time. The ability to track metrics also lets you know how your Collab post is doing, without requesting analytics from your collaborators. Plus, you and your collaborators can monitor and engage with comments and questions all in one place. Mutual control over your IG posts = collaboration simplicity.
How to Make a Collab Post on Instagram
Now that you know what Instagram Collabs are, it’s time to create your own. Here’s how:
- After uploading your Reel or feed post, go to the share screen, and tap “Tag People”.
- In the bottom right corner, you’ll see an option to “Invite a Collaborator.” After tapping, search and choose the users you’d like to collaborate with (up to three).
- After you’ve chosen your collaborators, share the post as usual, and they’ll receive a request in their DMs. When they’ve accepted, the post will also appear on their feed.
Remember, you can only add collaborators to your Instagram posts before publishing. If you forget, you’ll have to delete the post, and re-publish it — this time with your collaborator added. So, make sure to double-check your work before you hit publish!
How to Accept an Instagram Collabs Request
If another user is creating a post, you’ll first need to accept their request before you can collaborate. Here’s how:
- If someone has requested to collaborate on a feed post or Reel with you, you’ll receive their request in your DMs.
- Hit “Accept” for the content to be shared with both of your audiences — it’s that simple!
Creative Ways to Use Instagram Collab Posts
Need some ideas to inspire your first Instagram Collabs post? Here are five to get you started:
- Promote Your Business: For brands, influencer marketing is key for racking up social proof. To drive traffic to your site, try teaming up with a creator who fits your target demographic.
- Host a Giveaway: Giveaways are a great opportunity to collaborate with other brands or creators. They’re fun, easy to participate in, and give you a boost in engagement, too.
- Launch a Product: If you’re launching a product or even promoting an event, an Instagram Collabs post can help you spread the word.
- Support a Cause: Supporting a cause on Instagram is a meaningful way to humanize your brand, communicate your values, and raise awareness.
- Start a Challenge or Trend: Starting a challenge or trend is a fun way to create buzz. And with an Instagram Collabs post, you’ll reach even more people who can participate in the challenge and share with their friends.
Whether you co-host a giveaway or promote a new product, an Instagram Collabs post is bound to bring in double the engagement, enjoyment, and eyeballs. So, say hello to all the new faces. It’s your time to shine.